Saturday, January 17, 2015

The #SelfieSaturday Project Goes Elsewhere For a Day


In this #SelfieSaturday from January, 17th I was a bit bored at looking at myself, so I tried something different. Unfortunately over here at the Smith Machines the lighting isn't so good, but the picture wasn't half bad. You can actually see my lats sticking out under my arms a little bit, and I think I was noticing them more on this day and trying to show them off. The top I am wearing tells me that I was working my back and shoulders even though I am writing this on April 24th.

That bar is up there because on the days I work my shoulders, I always do my first 5 sets of lat pull downs starting at 120lbs and working my way up 20lbs at a time until I do 200 lbs. In between each set I swing back and forth from that bar and that stretches out my shoulders, upper back and most importantly my neck. At my age I can never stress enough how much you need to do stretching and walking around between sets. It's the difference between feeling 45 years old and feeling 44 1/2. I was now around 165 pounds and feeling pretty good about myself having lost 20 pounds in the last 3 months.