Some days you face the bull. Some days you ARE the bull. You never really know until you enter the arena. I can't even count the amount of times I have felt too *insert excuse here* to go to the gym, but did anyway. More often than not I left that gym visit feeling like a bull looking for a china shop.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Biceps machines offer a variety of advantages to biceps training, and are advantageous to include in your workouts. With biceps machines, you can do heavy forced negatives. Your workout partner can press down on the weight as you resist during the downward part of the movement. You can get a longer range of motion, giving your more stretch and total contraction.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Triceps Push-down (V-Bar)
Target Muscles: Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads), Brachioradialis
|Tricep Push Downs Using a V Bar|
1. Attach a short, angled bar to the overhead cable of a lat machine.
2. Place your hands on the bar, palms facing downwards.
3. Bring the bar down until your elbows are at your sides and bent at about 90°.
1. Keeping your upper arms close to your body, press the bar down, moving only your forearms, until your arms are fully extended.
• Keep your elbows fixed firmly at your sides throughout the movement.
• Do not lean too far forwards.
• Keep your wrists locked and your palms facing you.
Short bar: You may use a short straight bar instead of the angled bar, although this places more strain on the wrists and forearms.
Using a rope: You may use a rope instead of an angled bar. Make sure that you push your forearms out at the end of each rep.