Your body gets 80% of the nutrients it needs within two hours of working out. While it might not be the best time to cook a steak and a baked potato, the best way to get the right stuff into your system is a couple of scoops of whey protein and a yogurt. Get that out of the way and then you really don't have to worry about your muscles for the rest of the day. Well unless you strain one.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Biological Value (BV)
Scale of measurement used to determine what percentage of a give nutrient source is utilized by the body. The scale is most frequently applied to protein sources, particularly whey protein.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Triceps Push-Down (Machine)
Target Muscles: Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads), Brachioradialis
1. Sit down at a triceps push-down machine.
2. Place your hands on the handles, palms facing downwards.
3. Bring the handles down until your elbows are at your sides and bent at about 90°.
1. Keeping your upper arms close to your body, press the handles down, moving only your forearms, until your arms are fully extended.
• Keep your elbows fixed firmly at your sides throughout the movement.
• Do not lean too far forwards.
• Keep your wrists locked and your palms facing down.
Parallel grip: If you hold the handles with your palms facing you, then you will work your chest a bit more than your triceps.