Don't lose your temper with anyone who treats you like a meathead. Ignorance is an amusing thing if you keep the right temperament. If you go to the gym long enough, someone is going to treat you like a meathead sooner rather than later. The secret is to just smile at them, and think to yourself, "I'm a meathead, and you obviously have no concept of biology and physiology?"
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
The scientific study of body positions, or form, in sport. In bodybuilding, kinesiology studies body form when exercising with weights. When you have good biomechanics in a bodybuilding exercise, you will be safely placing maximum beneficial stress on your working muscles.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads)
1. You will need to place two benches, about the length of your legs, apart.
2. Place your hands shoulder-width apart, fingers facing forwards, on the edge of one bench.
3. Place your heels on the other bench so that your legs form a straight bridge between the two benches.
1. Bend your elbows and lower your body until your elbows make an angle of 90°.
2. Hold for a count of two; then straighten your arms to bring you back to the starting position.
• Keep your back close to the bench.
• Do not lock or snap out your elbows at the top of the movement.
• Keep your elbows directed backwards during both the lowering and raising phases.
• Do not shorten the downwards phase. . Keep the movement slow - do not rush the reps.
Easier Place your feet flat on the floor instead of on a bench. Advanced Place a weight disc across your lap to increase, the resistance.