Bodybuilding is no more complicated than learning the number four. Sure there are a lot of techniques, and routines that happen along the way, but once you are ready to take it to the next level, all you need to know is four. Four sets is your goal, and your reps are in multiples of four. Twelve means stop, and go up in weight. Eight to Twelve means, you can go up in weight. Four to Eight, means NO MORE weight, and under four means you need to drop the weigh. Never forget the number four and you'll go places.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
A type of weight training applied in conjunction with sound nutritional practices to alter the shape or form of one's body. Bodybuilding is a competitive sport nationally and internationally in both amateur and professional categories for men, women, and mixed pairs. However, a majority of individuals use bodybuilding methods merely to lose excess body fat or build up a thin body.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Triceps Extension (Rope Overhead)
Target Muscles: Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads)
1. Grasp both sides of a rope over your head.
2. Stand upright with your elbows bent and in front of yous.
3. Bend the working arm to 90° at the elbow.
1. Keeping your elbow stationary, extend your arms forward until your hands are out straight in front of you.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position.
1. Extend your arms under control - do not swing it back.
2. Keep your upper arm fixed. Only your forearm moves.
3. Keep your lower back straight and still.
4. Start with a relatively light weight as the exercise is harder to perform than many people imagine.