Come down from Planet iPod once in a while. Although you may think you are in the zone at the gym, not being able to hear anything, walking into everyone because you can't hear them begging you to stop walking into them, you're also missing out on the potential friendships that happen around you. If you do need to hit "your zone" with "your tunes" just try doing it at a volume that can be heard over, and think about all the people who don't like your taste in music too, but can still here it every time you stumble by.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
The amount of energy necessary to raise one liter or water one degree celsius. A bodybuilder's maintenance level of calories can be calculated relatively easily, then either a caloric deficit (to lose body fat), or caloric surplus (to gain muscle mass) can be initiated. The calorie content of most foods are listed on the back of packaging.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Triceps Kick-Back (Kneeling Dumbbell)
Target Muscles: Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads)
1. Hold a dumbbell in one hand.
2. Bend forwards from the waist until your torso is parallel to the floor.
3. Place your other hand and knee on a bench to stabilize yourself - your back should be flat and horizontal.
4. Bend the working arm to 90° at the elbow and bring it up so that your upper arm is parallel to and close to the side of your body, and the dumbbell is hanging straight down below the elbow.
1. Keeping your elbow stationary, extend your arm backwards until your arm is straight and horizontal.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position.
1. Extend your arm under control - do not swing the dumbbell back.
2. Keep your upper arm fixed. Only your forearm moves.
3. Keep your lower back flat and still.
4. Use a relatively light weight as the exercise is harder to perform than many people imagine