If you can't do an hour or two at the gym for the sake of your long term health, then do it for the twenty two or twenty three hours short term self righteous bliss you get afterwards, because you have gotten that workout out of the way. #health #hulksmash
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Movement of the straight legs, accomplished by contraction of the leg abductor muscles (the sarorius, primarily), from a fully abducted position back to one in which the legs are again pressed together.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Biceps Curl (Barbell Preacher)
Target Muscles: Biceps brachii, Brachialis, Brachioradialis
1. Sit on the seat of a preacher curl machine, adjusting it so that your armpits rest over the top edge of the pad.
2. Hold a barbell with your hands shoulder width apart, palms facing forwards.
3. Your arms should be fully extended.
1. Bend your elbows as you curl the bar up in ,a smooth arc towards your shoulders, stopping about 20-30 cm short of your shoulders.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower (the bar back to the starting position.
• Keep your shoulders back and relaxed avoid leaning forwards as you curl the bar up or the emphasis will shift from your biceps to your shoulders.
• Keep your body still and your wrists locked.
• Lower the bar until your arms are fully extended - shortening the downwards phase will reduce the effectiveness of the exercise.
EZ-bar preacher curl: Preacher curls can be performed using an EZbar instead of a straight bar. This reduces the stress on the wrists although it puts the biceps in a biomechanically weaker position so they receive less stimulation.
Dumbbell preacher curl: Preacher curls can be performed with dumbbells, allowing you to concentrate more fully on each repetition because you can perform them one arm at a time.