Don't spend your workout pissed off at the people who don't put away their weights. I spend a few minutes picking up the area I am going to workout in, and then I put my weights away when I am done. I only need to make sure that I am a good person. Who cares about who else is a douche bag? The world is full of them, so this is an easy way to be different.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Prolonged, moderate - intensity work that uses up oxygen at or below the level at which your cardiorespiratory system can replenish oxygen in the working muscles. Aerobic literally means "with oxygen", and the only type of exercise that burns body fat to meet its energy needs. Bodybuilders engage in aerobic workouts to develop additional heart / lung fitness, as well as to burn off excess body fat to achieve peak contest muscularity. Common aerobic activities include running, cycling, stair climbing, swimming, dancing, and walking. Depending on how vigorously you play them, most racket sports can also be aerobic exercise.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Biceps Curl (Dumbbell Preacher)
Target Muscles: Biceps brachii, Brachialis, Brachioradialis
1. Sit on the seat of a preacher curl machine, adjusting it so that your armpits rest over the top edge of the pad.
2. Hold a dumbbell in each hand shoulder width apart, palms facing forwards.
3. Your arms should be fully extended.
1. Bend your elbows as you curl the dumbbell up in a smooth arc towards your shoulders, stopping about 20-30 cm short of your shoulders.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position.
• Keep your shoulders back and relaxed avoid leaning forwards as you curl the dumbbell up or the emphasis will shift from your biceps to your shoulders.
• Keep your body still and your wrists locked.
• Lower the dumbbell until your arms are fully extended. Shortening the downwards phase will reduce the effectiveness of the exercise.
EZ-bar preacher curl: Preacher curls can be performed using an EZbar instead of a straight bar. This reduces the stress on the wrists although it puts the biceps in a biomechanically weaker position so they receive less stimulation.
Dumbbell preacher curl: Preacher curls can be performed with dumbbells, allowing you to concentrate more fully on each repetition because you can perform them one arm at a time.