Work to the pain, never past it. If you are a pro athlete and the game check means an extra hundred thousand dollars then sure you have incentive to play past the pain. In the real world when your body says ouch you stop there. That is the end point now of every rep in that set until your body says it is OK to go further. Could take days, could take weeks. If it takes months then talk to a doctor.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
One with the polar - opposite function of a primary muscle. As examples, the leg biceps are antagonistic to the quadriceps, the triceps antagonistic to the biceps, and forearm flexors antagonistic to the forearm extensors. Antagonistic muscle groups are frequently supersetted in a high - intensity workout.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Biceps Curl (Overhead Cable)
1. Sit at a typical lat pull down station.
2. Grasp the handles palms facing back, hands close together.
3. Keep your upper arms pressed to your ears to limit shoulder involvement.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly raise the cable back to the starting position.
• Do not move your upper arms or elbows at any point of the movement.
•It is ok to lean in and get a bit of an abdominal burn at the same time, but concentrate on the biceps.
• Keep your wrists locked.
• Raise the cable under control until your' arms are fully extended shortening or' rushing the upward phase will reduce the effectiveness of the exercise.
Single Arm: In this variation you are doing a cross between a cable curl and a concentration curl.