You are always a work in progress, not a work of perfection. No matter how good I think I look, someone always looks better. The goal is that I look better than the person I was staring at in the mirror the day before. If you are going to the gym with some fantasy of looking "better than" someone else, you may lose heart if you never get there. If you take your workouts seriously, and you merely compare the new you to the old you then you should find it easy enough to be impressed with the results.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Muscle hardness, which is also related to muscular definition. A bodybuilder can be well - defined and still have excess fat within each major muscle complex. But when has or she has muscle density, even this intramuscular fat has been eliminated. A combination of muscle mass and muscle density is highly prized among all competitive bodybuilders.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Back Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Latissimus dorsi, Trapezius, Rhomboids, Teres major and minor
1. Stand in front of a lat pull-down machine.
2. Hold the bar with your arms extended, palms facing downwards.
3. Pull down the bar to shoulder level.
1. Keeping your arms extended, pull the bar down until it just touches your upper thighs.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return the bar to the starting position.
• Keep your wrists straight throughout the movement.
• Allow a very slight bend in the elbows. They should not be locked.
• Keep your body still and upright throughout the movement - you will need! to use your abdominal muscles to stabilize your torso.