Always remember the basics. Push-ups will always work the chest and triceps. Pull-ups will always work the back and biceps. Squats will always work the legs and sit ups will always work the abdominals. If a day comes up where you can't make it to the gym, or you can't get a workout in, you can always find ways to get some exercise. Now it becomes a question of whether you really want to or not.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
When a given resistance overcomes the muscle tension so that the muscle actually lengthens the muscle is said to be in eccentric contraction. Although the contracting muscle develops tension, it is overpowered by resistance. When you slowly lower a curled weight from the shoulder, the biceps muscle contracts eccentrically. If the biceps was relaxed, gravity would extend the elbow joint and lower the weight with considerable speed. Slowing the movement against resistance provides an additional muscle - developing factor.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Back Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Latissimus dorsi, Trapezius, Rhomboids, Teres major and minor
1. Stand in front of a lat pull-down machine.
2. Hold the bar with your arms extended, palms facing downwards.
3. Pull down the bar to shoulder level.
1. Keeping your arms extended, pull the bar down until it just touches your upper thighs.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return the bar to the starting position.
• Keep your wrists straight throughout the movement.
• Allow a very slight bend in the elbows. They should not be locked.
• Keep your body still and upright throughout the movement - you will need! to use your abdominal muscles to stabilize your torso.