A short memory can be your best asset. You didn't have a great set yesterday? Well there is no reason to let it effect today. You couldn't get in enough reps the last time you worked this body part? Do NOT let it alter the way you attack these sets on this go around. You will always be improving and staring in the rear view mirror isn't the way to get where you are going..
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
A special form of bodybuilding through which you can simultaneously increase aerobic conditioning, muscle mass, and strength. In circuit training you will plan a series of 10 to 20 exercises in a circuit around the gym. The exercises chosen should stress all parts of the body. These movements are performed with an absolute minimum of rest between exercises. At the end of a circuit a rest interval of two to five minutes is taken before going through the circuit again. Three to give circuits would constitute a circuit - training program.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Arm Exercises ..
Reverse Curls (Indy Arm Overhand Cable)
1. Hold a single cables, using the same grip you would for a bicep curl, hold the grip so that your hand is next to your head, facing away from the cable machine.
2. Stand upright with your upper arm pointing directly out in front of you.
3. Bend the working arm to 90° at the elbow and bring it down so that your upper and forearm are straight out in front of you keeping your palm up.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position.
1. Extend your arm under control - do not swing it back.
2. Keep your upper arm fixed. Only your forearm moves.
3. Keep your lower back upright and still.
4. Start with a relatively light weight as the exercise is harder to perform than many people imagine.