Progress is between you and God, not the person who constantly points out your failings. Now of course tips, pointers, and even a constructive criticism now and then can be helpful and to many welcome, but if the "brutal honesty" of some gets to be too brutal, it might be because they are an asshole. If you feel good at the end of your workouts, then that is all that matters, and you should be proud of yourself for feeling that way, not plowed under by the expectations of others.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
A product given off during aerobic respiration. Lactic acid was once thought to be strictly a waste product, however, recent evidence suggests that a version of lactic acid called lactate is used by the liver to replenish glycogen supplies..
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Back Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Latissimus dorsi, Trapezius, Rhomboids, Teres major and minor
1. Kneel down between two cable flye towers.
2. Hold the grips with your arms extended, palms facing upward.
3. Hold each arm straight out parallel to the floor.
1. Pull your elbows in towards your hips, while keeping your forearms pointed towards the towers .
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return your arms to the outstretched position.
• Keep your wrists straight throughout the movement.
• Keep your body still and upright throughout the movement. You will need to use your abdominal muscles to stabilize your torso.