Be careful who you laugh at, they may be laughing at you sooner or later. It's no secret that I work out at the Purple Planet, but there are a few things that are good about it, if you keep your eyes open. One of them is that every year or so they upgrade all the equipment. Sometimes that new technology is amazing despite how silly it looks. They brought in this new ab machine that looked silly, but when I finally used it gave me the kind of burn it used to take me an hour to get. Go figure?
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Pharmacological term used to describe the effects produced by an inert (inactive) substance. Often called "mind over matter", the placebo effect is used to explain the positive actions of many supplements which are in many cases nothing more than nutrients.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Pectoralis major (mid chest), Anterior deltoids, Pectoralis minor
1. Sit on the seat of the pec dec machine, ensuring your lower back is pressed against the back support and adjusting the seat height so that your elbows and shoulders are level with the bottom of the pads.
2. Place your forearms against the pads. Check that your shoulders and elbows make a horizontal line.
1. Move the pads towards each other until they just touch in front of your chest.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return the pads to the starting position.
• Contract your pectorals hard at the mid point.
• Do not curl your shoulders forwards as you bring the pads together.
• Move the pads in a smooth arc - do not jerk the pads together as this reduces the work on the pectorals.