Do you do anything to track your progress? There was a time when I kept intricate workout journals that listed everything I did in the gym. It was important for me to get into a good routine and stick with it. It also kept me away from the confusion of trying to remember what I had accomplished and what I should be working towards. How intricate your journal is depends on you, but when you are figuring out where you are going, it is always good to have a map.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Positive Nitrogen Balance
Biochemical state where nitrogen levels are sufficiently high enough to allow protein synthesis to occur. Positive nitrogen balance is one of the conditions accelerated by the use of anabolic steroids.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Pectoralis major (mid chest), Anterior deltoids
1. Attach the handles to two overhead pulley machines.
2. Hold the handles, palms facing down, and stand midway between the machines with your feet hip-width apart or with one foot in front of the other for balance. Your arms should be fully extended so you achieve a good stretch in your pectorals.
3. Bend forwards slightly from the waist and maintain this position throughout the exercise.
1. Draw the handles towards each other in an arcing motion, aiming for a point approximately 30 cm in front of your hips.
2. When the handles meet, squeeze your pectorals hard and hold for a count of two.
3. Slowly return the handles to the starting position.
• Keep your back erect and elbows slightly bent (at 10-15°) throughout the movement.
• Focus on using your chest muscles to perform the movement - do not curl your shoulders forwards as you bring the handles together.
• You can vary the angle at which you pull the handles down to place emphasis on slightly different areas of the chest.