The new world of connected workouts is there for the taking. From MyFitnessPal to Google Fit to FitBit. Everyone has an app a band, you name it to track your fitness. I think these things are great actually, and I have tried several online sites, bands, etc. Don't get lost in the hype of all these things though. They are a great help, but you need to get up and do the exercises, and PUSH those statistics every day, otherwise you are just tracking the failure.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
A second form of competitive weight lifting (not contested at the Olympics, however) featuring three lifts, the squat, the bench press, and the deadlift. Power lifting is contested both nationally and internationally in a wide variety of weight and age classes for both men and women.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ..
Press (Cable Standard)Target Muscles: Pectoralis major (mid chest), Anterior deltoids, Triceps
1. Stand between two parallel cable towers.
2. Hold a pair of cables, with your palms facing upwards and your elbows back under your armpits.
1. Slowly press the cables forward until they are directly out in front of you.
2. Hold the position for a count of two; then bring the cable handles back to the starting position.
• Keep your hips firmly in the same position throughout the movement.
• Bring the cables back as far as you can, aiming for a maximum but comfortable stretch.
• Keep the cables directly in front of your chest area do not let them travel outward.