Supplementation experimentation. As an avid bodybuilder I have taken plenty of supplements in my days. It's been many years since I tried anything gimmicky because as a middle aged bodybuilder who has been working on myself for about two decades I have learned through experimentation what works and why. Even if you are new you should try various things to aid in your workouts. Here's the two most important..
1. A Pre-Workout Formula. Something with some caffeine and something else. By something else I mean you need to find out what works for you. Some have better results with amino acid complex, others with createin, others with NO and most with a combination of the three. There are so many brand you really just need to try them all. I suggest the cheap ones first.
2. A Post-Workout Formula. Some sort of protein and carbs that are easily absorbed with vitamins and minerals. I suggest protein powder, vitamin pills and a yogurt. Test them all too because accidentally I found the best protein powder is made of two things that usually make me sick with a digestive enzyme, I once bought by accident. Go figure.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
A technique used primarily on torso-muscle groups (chest, back, shoulders) which makes the weaker arm muscles temporarily stronger than normal, so basic exercises like bench press, lat machine pulldowns, and standing barbell presses can be pushed far past the point at which a bodybuilder would fail to continue a set. Preex involves supersetting an isolation exercise for a particular torso muscle (for example, flat bench flyes for the pecotral muscles) with a basic movement (for example, bench presses) for the same muscle.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Pectoralis major (upper chest), Anterior deltoids, Triceps, Pectoralis major
1. Stand between two parallel cable towers.
2. Hold a pair of cables, with your palms facing upwards and your elbows back under your armpits.
1. Slowly press the cables forward until they are directly out in front of you.
2. Hold the position for a count of two; then bring the cable handles back to the starting position.
• Keep your hips firmly in the same position throughout the movement.
• Bring the cables back as far as you can, aiming for a maximum but comfortable stretch.
• Keep the cables directly in front of your chest area do not let them travel outward.