Sunday, July 26, 2015

Legs n' Core with Rachel

I surprised myself Saturday.  I decided Friday night I was not going to set my alarm for Saturday morning, mostly because I didn't get to bed until three in the morning.  I knew I would need more than just five hours of sleep, which is when my alarm was set for.

But, my body decided otherwise.
At 7:30 am I was awake.  I laid there for about thirty minutes trying to go back to sleep before giving up and getting out of bed.  This actually worked well. 
 
I went to my little room and did my Legs n' Core routine.  There were three exercises I ended up not doing.  One because it was a timed thing and interrupted my flow.  One because my balance is too off to do it safely.  And one because, for whatever reason, I could not do the move properly with the right form and I can't afford to injure myself!  The rest of the exercises?  Here they are (3 sets of 12 reps):

  • Forward Lunge
  • Reverse Lunge
  • Side Lunge
  • Hip Raise
  • Sumo Squat with Leg Raise
  • "Windeshield Wipers"
  • Leg Lifts
  • Toe Touch Crunch
  • Regular Crunch
  • Sit Up
  • Roll Out with a Ball
  • Calf Raise
  • Squat
  • Curtsy Squat
  • Knee Lift with Equalizer
  • V Up
  • Reverse Crunch
I felt good post workout.  Without waking up anyone else in the house, which is a task, I  cleaned my kitchen and made the kids waffles!  I stayed away from the waffles, temporarily, and had a shake.   
 
Then I went on and continued my day.  I was actually quite productive. 
 
When I got home from getting my nails done, having skipped lunch, the leftover waffles called out to me pretty loudly and simply could not be ignored!  At least I limited myself to two! 
 
And those darn cookies!  Having kids learning to cook is a great and terrible thing!  I have two kids fighting over who gets the kitchen next.  They have given us an array of cookies to enjoy as well as providing lunch for the family while I am at work.  Anyways, I venture off course here.  Food distracts me!
 
I wanted to share my home workouts with you here for a couple of reasons.  Jeremy's gym workouts have inspired me to get back to my health.  But it isn't easy.  With health complications and a busy life, the excuses are easy to come by.  I've heard them all and I've said most of them! 
 
The Health Whacko offers a lot of encouragement, inspiration and guidance.  For those new to the gym and those seasoned gym goers, for those starting out at home and those who need a little push to keep going.
 
The truth is, the choice is yours.  Make the commitment to yourself.  For one reason only....to be a healthier, better you.  That's all.  It isn't about anyone else.  This is YOUR journey.  Embrace it and make it what you will.
 
 
NO EXCUSES.  
(c) Rachel Rennie 2015