Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Crow's Gym Thoughts: Vol. 71

Crow's #Gym Vol. 71
Sometimes a little confirmation that you are doing the right things goes a long way. If you train with a partner, then I hope your partner is honest with you about what you do right and what you do wrong. In my case I found out what I do right and wrong by taking video of my workouts (for my bazillion dollars I am going to make on YouTube some day) which became a great tool to getting honest with myself about my form and dexterity. I definitely suggest that whether you are a novice or a serious lifter you take some cell phone video at the very least of your form. It's nice when someone tells you that you are screwing up, but when you see it with your own eyes, it's obvious what you need to do, and just watching in the mirror, not only isn't enough, that's bad form to begin with.

Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Recovery Cycle
The process between workouts during which the body flushes out fatigue toxins, restores muscle glycogen, repairs itself, and increases in hypertrophy. The length of this cycle varies from as little as 48 hours to as much as one full week, and perhaps more. Recovery is enhanced by sufficient sleep and proper nutrition.

Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ..
Dips (Seated Machine)
Target MusclesPectoralis major (lower chest), Anterior deltoids, Triceps, Pectoralis major
Starting Position:
1. Sit down at a parallel press machine.
2. Place a hand on each bar, and then press the handles downward to get into the starting position with your arms locked out.
The Movement:
1. Begin by flexing the elbow, lowering the handles until your arms straighten out.
2. Reverse the motion by extending braking the elbow 90 degrees.
Tips:
• Avoid swinging, and maintain good posture throughout the descent.
• Do not overextend yourself..