We've all been there with the people who just don't get your need to spend time at the gym, Unfortunately you can't let whatever it is in them that needs to try and deter you from your fitness goals to do so. The easiest thing to do is assume they are jealous, and that is probably the most prevalent, but there are those too who have fallen under the spell of misinformation about fitness. What causes the misinformation about fitness, is another story. You can always find an article by someone desperate to justify why they don't work out, can't you?
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Saturated Fatty Acids
Fat molecules that do not have double bonds between their carbon atoms and are usually solid at room temperature. Saturated fats are considered to play a major role in the development of cardiovascular disease.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Crunch (Cross Leg)
Target Muscles: Rectus abdominis (mainly the upper part)
1. Lie flat on your back either on the floor or on an abdominal bench with your knees bent over your hips and one leg crossed so your ankle is just below your knee
2. Place your hands lightly by the sides of your head (or across your chest if you are a beginner).
3. Press your lower back to the floor or bench.
1. Use your abdominal strength to raise your head and shoulders from the floor or bench. You should only come up about 10 cm and your lower back should remain on the floor.
2. Hold in this contracted position for a count of two.
3. Let your body uncurl slowly back to the starting position.
• Focus on moving your ribs towards your hips.
• Do not pull your head with your hands keep your elbows out and relaxed.
• Exhale as you contract your abdominals.