Today I am me. I will not allow the thoughts and words of the arrogant, the ignorant, the envious or the intolerant deter me from my goal of being a better me by this time tomorrow. That's all you need to know when you workout, or do just about anything in this world. Don't ever lose that need to improve you.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
A set is a group of consecutive repetitions that are performed without resting. When you have completed 8 repetitions of bench press, and have reached temporary muscular failure or put the weights down, you have completed one set. See also Working Set
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Crunch (90 Degree)
Target Muscles: Rectus abdominis (mainly the upper part)
1. Lie flat on your back either on the floor and rest your feet on a bench with your knees bent at 90°.
2. Place your hands lightly by the sides of your head (or across your chest if you are a beginner). 3. Press your lower back to the floor or bench.
1. Use your abdominal strength to raise your head and shoulders from the floor or bench. You should only come up about 10 cm and your lower back should remain on the floor.
2. Hold in this contracted position for a count of two.
3. Let your body uncurl slowly back to the starting position.
• Focus on moving your ribs towards your hips.
• Do not pull your head with your hands keep your elbows out and relaxed.
• Exhale as you contract your abdominals.