My biceps are without a doubt my most impressive muscle but since it is one of the smallest on the human body it goes to say that at one time I had my priorities a little messed up. The trick is to learn from what you did right even if it was the wrong thing to do. In my case it was my own lack of knowledge on skeletal muscles that kept me doing nothing but curls growing up. What it had taught me though was that dedication to any muscle will achieve results. Now I just treat all the muscles that way.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Shoes act to stabilize your balance and improve your balance in training. The design of shoes varies depending on their use, whether it is for running, or outdoor recreational activities, or simply day to day wear. The main quality of shoes, no matter which you choose, is support. Solid, thick soled shoes with good arch support are the best you can choose.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Crunch (Decline Bench)
Target Muscles: Rectus abdominis (mainly the upper part)
1. Lie flat on your back on a decline bench with your ankles under the pads that hold you in.
2. Place your hands lightly by the sides of your head (or across your chest if you are a beginner). 3. Press your lower back to the floor or bench.
1. Use your abdominal strength to raise your head and shoulders from the floor or bench. You should only come up about 10 cm and your lower back should remain on the floor.
2. Hold in this contracted position for a count of two.
3. Let your body uncurl slowly back to the starting position.
• Focus on moving your ribs towards your hips.
• Do not pull your head with your hands keep your elbows out and relaxed.
• Exhale as you contract your abdominals.