There are two different "that guys" at the gym. There is that guy who hogs equipment while he talks on the phone or socializes with everyone else, and there is that guy who is the one that everyone seems to gravitate to for advice, because they are friendly and always seems to know what you need to know. I am proud to say that I tend to be that guy and it didn't take that long for me to become that guy. Trust me though, it takes a lot less time to become that guy, so you may want to avoid bad gym etiquette to begin with.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Slow Twitch Muscle Fibers
Red muscle fibers that contract slowly, weakly, and continually for long periods of time. Slow - twitch fibers are developed by light, high - rep weight workouts.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Crunch (Bench Reverse)
Target Muscles: Rectus abdominis (mainly the lower part), transverse abdominis
1. Lie flat on your back on a bench with your knees bent over your hips and your ankles touching (as for crunches).
2. Place your arms on the bench along side your body or holding on to the sides of the bench.
3. Press your lower back to bench.
1. Slowly curl your hips off the bench, aiming your knees towards your chest. Your hips should raise no more than 10 em.
2. Hold for a count of two.
3. Slowly lower your hips to the starting position, maintaining constant tension in your abdominals.
• This should be a controlled, deliberate movement. Do not jerk, swing or bounce your hips off the bench; curl one vertebra up at a time.
• Do not allow your abdominals to relax at the top of the movement or while you are uncurling.
• Exhale as you contract your abdominals.