Have you figured out what makes you look forward to going to the gym? If you just read that and thing "Nothing makes me look forward to going to the gym!" then we have located your first problem. Yes there was a time I didn't look forward to going to the gym so I definitely get what you are thinking, but that was a very long time ago for me, so we need to get YOU to understand what I am thinking. Look forward to the friends, look forward to the burn, look forward to the girls in spandex, just figure out something to look forward to, and then focus on that, until you actually look forward to just going to the gym.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
This is a general term used to describe any supplement or concoction that doesn't give the same degree of results as claimed by its advertisers. It originated with traveling carnivals back in the 1800s.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Crunch (Oblique Decline Bench)
Target Muscles: Internal and external oblique, rectus abdominis
1. Lie flat on your back on a decline bench with your ankles under the pads that hold you in.
2. Place your left hand by the side of your head, and your right hand on the floor for support.
1. Lift your left shoulder diagonally, aiming it towards your right knee.
2. Hold for two counts; then slowly return to your starting position.
3. After completing the required number of repetitions, repeat the exercise on the other side.
• Imagine your rib cage rotating to the side as you curl up.
• Lead with your shoulder rather than your elbow.
• Make sure you lower your upper body slowly back to the floor.
• Do not twist your head, only your torso. . Exhale as you contract your abdominals.