For most people the hardest exercise is nothing more than the effort it takes to walk into the gym. I just wanted to point this out because if you have made the effort to go to the gym regardless of how much and how hard you work out when you get there, then you have already done more for your health than most people. Work with that, give your self a pat on the back and try to do a little more tomorrow. That's basically how we all got started.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Training partners who stand by to act as safety helpers when you perform heavy lifts in bench press, or squats, as well as other exercises. If you reach the point of temporary muscular failure, your spotter can help you lift the weight up in order to complete the range of motion safely. It is especially important to have a spotter when you are attempted one - rep maximums.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Target Muscles: Internal and external oblique, rectus abdominis
1. Lie on the floor or on an abdominal bench on your side with your knees slightly bent.
2. Place your top arm behind your head.
1. Slowly exhale as you raise your head and shoulders a short distance off the floor or bench, aiming your ribs towards your top hip.
2. Hold for a count of two; then breathe in as you return to the starting position.
3. Repeat for the required number of repetitions; then perform the exercise on your other side.
• Aim to reduce the space between your ribs and hips.
• Do not worry if you don't reach up very far - concentrate on feeling the movement.
• Keep your head in line with your body don't jerk it upwards.