Trying different things in the gym is great. Just make sure you have mastered the things you were doing first. Too often I see people who never get the results they want, and you would swear that their own ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) have everything to do with it. They try one exercise, one routine haphazardly, probably never once using good form or the right amount of weight, and here they are off to the next exercise or routine because they didn't get the results they wanted or even worse, think they have outgrown it. A good building has a better foundation folks.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Straps are fastened around your wrists and then twisted around a bar to strengthen your grip in exercises where grip is your weakest link. Hand strength will not develop as quickly if you use straps, but this may be worth the value of being able to lift heavier weights which will result in a better developed back. Weighing the opportunity cost of straps is largely personal preference, and you can achieve great results with or without including them in your regiment of bodybuilding aids.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Knee Lift (Flat Bench)
Target Muscles: Rectus abdominis (especially the lower part), Hip flexors
1. Sit on the edge of a flat bench so that you can balance with little assistance from your hands.
2. Straighten out your body so that your heels are an inch or two off the floor.
1. Bring your knees up as close to your chin as possible.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return your legs to the starting position.
• Do not swing your knees up or use the momentum of your legs. Use the strength of your abdominals to move your hips and legs.
• For maximal results, raise your legs to approximately 30-45° to the horizontal. The abs shorten only when your legs go past parallel- below this point, they hold a static contraction as the hip flexors raise the legs.
• To make the exercise easier, bend your knees to reduce the resistance