Friday, July 31, 2015

The Crow's Gym Thoughts: Vol. 89

Crow's #Gym Vol. 89
Stop and look back at your progress once in a while, Then pat yourself on the back and get back to progressing. When I started lifting I had just gotten out of the hospital with chicken pox and zoster pneumonia. I was weak, my lungs could barely hold air, and I couldn't even bench press the bar with no weight on it. I remember this just about every time I head to the gym, every time I am down on myself for my progress, or that rare occasion I look at someone else with a little envy. This also helps when someone gives me the attitude that I don't understand.

Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Stretch Marks
Tiny tears in a bodybuilder's skin caused by poor diet and too rapid increases in body weight. If you notice stretch mark forming on your own body, consult your physician for advice. One solution which has worked for many people is to rub vitamin - E cream over the stretch two of three times per day (unless you are allergic to the cream), and try cutting back on your body weight by reducing body - fat levels. It's much better to add pure muscle mass than excess fat when attempting to gain body weight.

Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Leg Lift (Bench Standard)
Target MusclesRectus abdominis (especially the lower part), Hip flexors
Starting Position:
1. Laying on the floor or on a bench, hold your legs about 10 cm off the floor.
2. Your arms can either lay beside you or grasp the side of the bench you are laying on..
The Movement:
1. Slowly lift your legs until they have a 90° angle to the rest of your body.
2. On the way down it is important to move as slow as possible to really burn the lower abs.
3. Stop short of laying your legs down and then start the motion over again.
Tips:
• Do not swing your knees up or use the momentum of your legs - use  the strength of your abdominals to move your hips and legs.
• To make the exercise easier, bend your knees to reduce the  resistance