Saturday, July 18, 2015

The #SelfieSaturday Project and New Exercise Routine Videos


Well if you have followed the #SelfieSaturday Project for a while now you know that is my Back & Shoulders day top. The compression helps keep me from aggravating my shoulder muscles in a bad way. I love working my back, because of all the muscles on my body they are the ones that make me feel like the hulk. When my lats bug out then I walk around with my arms spread out, and it is all pretty good for the ego. Like I say people notice your well rounded out back before anything else, whether you are a man or a woman.

As always I put my routine in after but first I have 3 new demonstration videos. Three different ways Shoulder Shrugs are done and which way would work best for you ..

1. The Standard Dumbbell Shrug
This is the most common shrugs among the fitness community. Bodybuilders usually use a barbell, but these are usually easier for people to commit to. Make damn sure that your shoulders are operating to the same level at all times.

Video Provided From JeremyCrow4YouTube

2. Behind the Back Barbell Shrug
These are my personal favorites, they allow me to bring my shoulders forward easier and feel more pinch in my traps. If I were to suggest any of these to you it would be these unless you have the issues stated in the next example.

Video Provided From JeremyCrow4YouTube

3. The Modified Underhand Shrug
These will place a lot of emphasis on your rhomboids if you find that you are getting shallow in the rhomboids and the traps. This is when you have great lats and then a void above them because you haven't worked the interior part of your back.

Video Provided From JeremyCrow4YouTube

My Routine on Back Shoulders Day
Warm Up:
Chins (Pull Ups): 3 or 4 sets of whatever amount I can do, which is usually 4 or 5.

Heavy Sets:
Wide Grip Pull Downs: 4 or 5 sets of 8 to 12. 12 is what I absolutely expect from my-self on the first 4 sets and then I treat myself to number 5.
Narrow Grip Pull Downs: 4 sets of 8 to 12. Shoot for 12 on the first 3 sets and at least 8 on 4.
Seated Cable Rows: 4 sets of 8 to 12. Shoot for 12 on the first 3 sets and at least 8 on 4.

Lighter Giant Set: 
This is 6 specific exercises all done in a row, then rest for at least two minutes (the typical time it takes to walk around the inside of the building) 4 Sets so Start LIGHT. The order of these are specific so that the same weight will be difficult the entire giant set.
Cable Front Raise: Independent Arms: Goal is 12 (See Both Cable Parts Together)
Cable Shoulder Presses: Independent Arms: Goal is 12
Seated Dumbbell Laterals: Independent Arms: Goal is 12
Seated Bent Over Dumbbell Laterals: Independent Arms: Goal is 12
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Presses: Independent Arms: Goal is 12

Heavy Tri-Set: 
These three exercises are done together with an emphasis placed on weight. Take a two minute break between each set or as I said above take a walk around the inside of the building. 4 sets that start with a moderate weigh and go up each set.
Cable Upright Rows: Independent Arms: Goal is 12
Cable Standing Low Rows: Independent Arms: Goal is 12 (See Both Cable Sets Together)

Moderate Tri-Sets: 
These three exercises are done together with an emphasis placed on form. Take a two minute break between each set or as I said above take a walk around the inside of the building. 4 sets that start with a moderate weigh and go up each set.
Behind the Back Lat Pull Ins: Independent Arms: Goal is 12
Cable Overhand Upright Rows: Independent Arms: Goal is 12
Cable Standing Mid Rows: Independent Arms: Goal is 12 (See All Three Sets Together)

Moderate Bi Sets:
These two exercises are done together with an emphasis placed on form. Take a one minute break between each set. Usually this is when I pull out my cell phone and write titles to my blogs I am going to write during the day on phone Blogger.
Cable Standing Upright Rear Deltoid Laterals: Independent Arm: Goal is 12

Moderate Bi Sets:
These two exercises are done together with an emphasis placed on form. Take a one minute break between each set. Usually this is when I pull out my cell phone and write titles to my blogs I am going to write during the day on phone Blogger. (Hey I have a lot of blogs to write later sue me!)
Cable Standing Overhead Lat Pull Ins: Independent Arm: Goal is 12
Cable Standing High Rows: Independent Arms: Goal is 12 (See Both Sets Together)


Now on the off chance that you aren’t exhausted after all of this, I don’t know what to tell you. You can always browse the exercise encyclopedia for BACK and SHOULDERS and try to find more things to wear you out, or you can just wait til the next day and see if you hurt enough to continue with this workout. In the end, all workouts will depend on the person doing them. Just DO Them!