This is probably the most important of all thoughts. Don't knock it till you try it. We say that about food, but let me tell you it definitely applies to exercise routines. Two of my best workout routines (Over the head cable curls and Over the head lat pull ins) came from watching other people do them a long time ago, and fighting off the need to laugh at them long enough to try them myself. This should be the way anyone who is into health, bodybuilding or any kind of fitness treats what they witness when they are at the gym. Sure there are a lot of goofy things people do that don't work but take a moment to prove it first.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
An umbrella term used to categorize all acts of using resistance training. Weight training can be used to improve the body, to rehabilitate injuries, to improve sports conditioning, or as a competitive activity in terms of bodybuilding and weight lifting.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Torso Twist (Seated Barbell)
Target Muscles: Internal and external oblique, rectus abdominis
1. Start out by seated at the end of a flat bench with a barbell placed in front of you.
2. Your feet should be shoulder width apart from each other.
3. Grip the barbell with your palms facing down and make sure your hands are wider than shoulder width apart from each other.
4. Begin to lift the barbell up over your head until your arms are fully extended.
5. Now lower the barbell behind your head until it is resting along the base of your neck.
1. While keeping your feet and head stationary, move your waist from side to side so that your oblique muscles feel the contraction.
2. Only move from side to side as far as your waist will allow you to go.
3. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
• Stretching or moving too far can cause an injury to occur.
• Use a slow and controlled motion.
• Remember to breathe out while twisting your body to the side and in when moving back to the starting position.