Be extremely careful when you change your diet around. In a lot of cases you really have no idea how someone else's "miracle food" is going to effect your system. I personally am so guilty of this. I think to myself it would be brilliant to eat a lot of vegetables one day and then OUCH, my intestines are tied into knots. Some people can't process milk, MOST people can't process soy. Remember this when you see "Healthy Choices" in a vending machine or convenience store shelf. The "Healthy" ingredients might be hell on your system.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
The biochemical phenomenon where two or more drugs interact to produce an effect that is greater than the effects of the individual drugs. In bodybuilding terms, growth hormone and IGF - 1 taken separately produce limited results, but when taken together produce dramatic increases in size and strength.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Back Extension (Bench)
Target Muscles: Erector spinae, Gluteus
1. Lie face down on the floor or on a back extension bench.
2. Place your hands by the sides of your head, elbows out to the sides. Alternatively, your arms may be placed behind on your back.
1. Slowly raise your head, shoulders and upper chest from the floor. This will be just a short distance.
2. Pause for a count of two; then lower slowly to the floor.
• Keep your head facing downwards to the floor in line with your spine.
• Keep your legs relaxed on the floor - do not raise them.
• Only raise yourself as far as you feel comfortable.
Back extension bench: Tuck your ankles underneath the pads and position your body so that your hips are resting on the middle pad, arms crossed in front of you. Raise your torso until you are parallel with the floor - do not rise higher than this. Slowly bend forwards at the waist until you are almost perpendicular to the floor. Keep your back flat.
• To make the movement harder, place your hands along the sides of your head. Alternatively, if you are an advanced weight trainer, hold a small weight disc against your chest.