A good imagination is one of the best allies in the world of working out. Some people use it for good, and others use it for evil. Well theoretically your own mind being your worst enemy and all it will use it for good or evil depending on the situation. When I look in the mirror I see Captain America, and I can imagine that a lot of other people see the Shmoo. I know I have seen the Shmoo in the past, and choose to see Captain America now. I know every time I look in the mirror I can see all the improvements that are on the way instead of all the misery I used to inflict on myself with a spoon.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
A prominence of veins and arteries over the muscles and beneath the skin of a well - defined bodybuilder. Vascularity can be enhanced by properly carbing up prior to appearence onstage at a competition.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Core Exercises ..
Torso Twist (Bent Over Bar)
Target Muscles: Internal and external oblique, rectus abdominis
1. Start out by sitting at the end of a flat bench with a bar placed on top of your thighs.
2. Your feet should be shoulder width apart from each other.
3. Grip the bar with your palms facing down and make sure your hands are wider than shoulder width apart from each other.
4. Begin to lift the bar up over your head until your arms are fully extended.
5. Now lower the bar behind your head until it is resting along the base of your neck.
1. While keeping your feet and head stationary,bend over and move your waist from side to side so that your oblique muscles feel the contraction.
2. Only move from side to side as far as your waist will allow you to go.
3. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
• Stretching or moving too far can cause an injury to occur.
• Use a slow and controlled motion.
• Remember to breathe out while twisting your body to the side and in when moving back to the starting position.