Saturday, August 15, 2015

The #SelfieSaturday Project and a Legitimate Mail Bag Question!


Well there I am in my usual Chest & Arms day attire. My weight has settled back under 170 again, and it was a very slow and deliberate day at the gym for me. My wife told me the other day that I have no butt and I need to do some squats, so I showed her! I changed up my Lower Torso & Legs Day yesterday. I am having a little trouble walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, thinking, talking and just about everything else that doesn't involve laying down and sleeping. I showed her alright. The NO BS Routine for it will be posted tomorrow.

Now on to the mail bag! I got an honest to goodness question that wasn't "What the hell is your problem?" or "Who do you think you are?" or my personal favorite usual question "Do you know how stupid you look?" and I couldn't wait to answer it live in the SelfieSaturday, and post a few videos along with it.

The question was this, "If you could only do one exercise, what would it be?" from someone who was eluding to the fact that they don't have enough time to work out. My mind went through all of the exercises I like to do and then settled on the one that I personally felt could do the most good. In that case the answer would be "The Clean and Jerk" but then I realized that the actual "Clean and Jerk" will damage most novices, people with bad back, bad knees, bad shoulders or elbows. Because of this my answer is a "Modified Clean and Jerk" which I give two examples of below ...

Modified Barbell Clean & Jerk


Modified Dumbbell Clean & Jerk