Saturday, September 26, 2015

The #SelfieSaturday Project Into the Fall Season


This is what I am doing if I am having a particularly good workout. Walking around with my hands curled over and on my hips, because it is easier to breath that way. Yeah it isn't much of a selfie, but someone else snapped it beamed it over to my phone and it made me chuckle. It was another good week in the workout world for me. Although I am packing on the weight I am also packing on the pounds to all of my routines, and best of all my leg routines which really need to improve.

Now for this week's videos! I actually made 4 this week and of four different body groups. The first one will be a body weight exercise as I am still trying to get as many of those together to make some sort of body weight home exercise routine since it doesn't look like we will be getting our home gym blogger back. (Don't forget the Health Whacko on Google +Twitter and Pinterest for more goodies like, Video, animated GIFs, tips and tricks)

Reverse Push Ups.

Yeah I know there are other names for these but I have always called them this. I use them as a back day warm up, don't don't fool yourself, like chins these things are a heck of a lot harder than they look. They will increase the overall thickness of your upper back just like seated rows, dumbbell rows or barbell rows.

Single Dumbbell Deadlifts

Some people call these deadlifts, other people call them squats. In my case I find them to be a waste of time, compared to double arm dumbbell deadlifts, but I do see a lot of women with much prettier rear ends than I have doing these, so I can't exactly dismiss them.

Narrow Grip Bench Press

These of course like any other bench press will work your chest but when you have your hands in closer like this it puts a lot more emphasis on the shoulders and triceps. I don't do these often because I have different routines I use for the shoulders and triceps, but if you are pressed for time this is a great one to throw in and kill several birds with one stone.

Hammer Curls

Most people don't even realize that this is a forearm exercise. The brachialis really responds to these, and I only do them when I start feeling like my hand strength needs some work. Make sure that you do not move your hands as you do the movement of you are not getting the right motion.