Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Crow's Gym Thoughts: Vol. 130

Crow's #Gym Vol. 130
The videos really do help. All these videos that I take of myself doing exercises, and then I put them on YouTube and make animated GIFs out of them, well they really are a good teaching tool. Even if nobody watches these things I watch these things, and I have learned more from watching version 1s and version 2s of my own videos than I could learn from volumes of books and magazines. I see my personal growth, my betterment of form, and I also get that self righteous feeling of just seeing how much better I am at both. If I were you (which I might have been at one time) I would break out that cell phone and record your routines every couple of months, to track progress. Who knows maybe you'll become a YouTube hit by accident!

Please Follow the NEW Health Whacko Google +TwitterPinterest and YouTube Channel!

Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Biceps Femoris Muscle
Biceps Femoris is one of the three muscles which form the hamstring group forming the back of the thigh. The muscle is described as having a long head (the attachment from the ischium) and a short head (attached to the femur).

Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Shoulder Exercises ..
Deltoid Row (Machine Wide Grip Seated)
Target MusclesLatissimus dorsi, Rhomboids, Teres major and minor, Erector spinae, Biceps, Fore-arms, Pectoralis major
Starting Position:
1. Sit facing the row machine and place your chest against the pad. Grasp the handles palms facing down in a wide grip.
2. Maintain a normal, slightly curved spinal position.
3. Pull back a little way until your torso is nearly upright and your arms are fully extended.
The Movement:
1. Pull the handles towards you until it grips are beside your chest. You should be pulling your elbows and shoulders directly backwards as far as possible.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position, maintaining a near ­upright position.
Tips:
• To achieve maximum rear deltoid development, keep your torso nearly upright during the entire movement - it should not move forwards or backwards more than 10°.
• Maintain a normal curve in your back - do not arch your back excessively.
• Inhale at the start of the movement; then hold your breath during the pulling phase - this helps stabilize your torso. Exhale only towards the end of the movement once your arms are extended.