Saturday, October 3, 2015

The #SelfieSaturday Project Strikes a Pose


You've probably all noticed that I don't do muscle poses for my #SelfieSaturday pictures and the reason for this is pretty simple. I don't actually believe I am all that and I chose not to open myself up to idiots who would seek to demean me. Here is a rare pose because I was feeling it this morning, and after all it has been a few good weeks of lifting. I didn't add any serious weight this week, but I was able to push the limits on every set that I did. I was even getting in that last rep on every set no matter how long it took me, and often I find that the rep that takes you forever to finish is probably getting the maximum rip into your muscles so I am happy about that.

Now let's get into this week's videos, since there is a lot more than usual. I was in the mood to update some of my abdominal videos since the old ones kinda suck, and while I was at it I added some more variations of standard old abdominal and oblique exercises, so here we go.

90 Degree Crunches

If I am going to do crunches at home, this is how I do them. It really emphasizes the upper abdominals and takes away most of the other muscles that might cheat.

90 Degree Oblique Crunches

Really want to get a burn on the sides of your abdominals? 90 Degree Oblique Crunches will do it.

Bent Knee Crunches

This is the old standby for at home abdominal exercise. It really emphasizes the upper abdominals and takes away most of the other muscles that might cheat.

Bent Knee Oblique Crunches

Really want to get a burn on the sides of your abdominals? Bent Knee Oblique Crunches are the old standard for doing it.

Decline Crunches

Now if I am at the gym, these are the type of crunches I am doing. It really emphasizes the upper abdominals and takes away most of the other muscles that might cheat.

Decline Oblique Crunches

Really want to get a burn on the sides of your abdominals? When I am at the gym, these are the way I really hit those obliques.

Flat Bench Leg Lifts

The old stand by for lower abdominal development with a twist to make them work a little more for you.

Flat Bench Reverse Crunches

Now if you really want to work your entire core, then the reverse crunch is the way to do it. Using a flat bench helps with stamina too.

Flat Bench V Crunches

Another one of the entire core exercises. I can't lie, I am not good at these :)