Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Crow's Gym Thoughts: Vol. 183

Crow's #Gym Vol. 183
I'm not sure but I think my smart watch makes me a much smarter workout person, or so I tell myself. I don't know if the amount of steps I take every day, or the amount of extra heart rate that I put into my day effects me all that much, but it is valuable data that can be improved upon. I take 10,000 steps in a day then 11,000 the next day has got to do something. I may not always know what bu8t I know it is better.

Please Follow the NEW Health Whacko Google +TwitterPinterest and YouTube Channel!

Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Gynecomastia
Condition in males caused by an excess of testosterone or an excess of a testosterone-derived agent. When it becomes converted (aromatized) to estrogen the excess estrogen stimulates receptors in the nipple area leading to a swelling which resembles female breasts. The condition is commonly called "bitch tits". The condition is often severe enough to require surgery.

Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ...
Fly (BowFlex Crossover)
Shoulder extension/adduction (elbow stabilized near extension)
Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes the chest (the pectoralis major muscles). The triceps muscles, located on the back of the upper arms, are also involved in maintaining the elbow position and also help with shoulder motion.
Pulley position: Wide only.
Starting position:
• With the bench flat, lie on your back with your head toward the Power Rods®. Position yourself far enough down the bench to allow the arms to extend overhead without hitting the Power Rods®. Keep the knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
• Extend the arms overhead and grasp the handles with your palms facing the ceiling.
• Tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
Motion:
• Move your hands in an arc upward angling toward midline and then downward toward the opposite leg.
• Control the return to the starting position by slowly moving the arms back up, uncrossing, and moving overhead.
Key points:
• Keep your chest lifted, even as your arms near your legs.