Monday, May 16, 2016

#SelfieSaturday and #MotivatedMonday Back to Basics


Well with the FatOut over with I am back to the maintaining stage of weight so that I can look good for the summer. Unfortunately I had a very dire reminder of an old problem I had fixed that has since returned. "Returned" probably isn't the word, it seems more like a "Came back with a vengeance" as my right arm again has lost most of it's feeling, hurts a little and is too weak to even open a jar. Again this is something that I have dealt with before, had managed a program to maintain the recover and have totally abandoned since I left the gym. The nerve going into my arm is being pinched off and it creates havoc in me.

Yes I solved this a few years ago, with stretching and strengthening of my neck muscles and my shoulder muscles. The problem is that I used to do this by hanging from the Smith Machine bar, swinging back and forth and doing my neck exercises while my arms were taught against the bar. Guess what my home gym didn't have until just the other day? You guessed it, and the solution was a simple thing, just not thought of until it was too late. I took the "Perfect Pull Up" kit that my wife bought years ago and never set up, and I installed it in the doorway of my home gym. Now I am on the road to recovery, but it is going to be a while. Of course I am still amazed at how the easiest solutions are all that is really necessary to problems that seem so complicated.

I have an old video I just uploaded this week, that I had thought I had uploaded before and found out I never had. I actually was using the wrong video for a couple of years now to demonstrate "Lower Chest Cable Flys" so here's the one that should have been here all that time ...


Have a great week everyone ...