Physical, mental and Spiritual. It's an old saying that has more to do with various 12 step programs than an y thing else, but it is a great set of words to live by. Many people, myself included, work out to get our heads on straight, but it is VERY important to only workout when your head is on straight or in the process of getting on straight. If your head isn't in it or can't get in it, then slow down. An injury will only screw you up worse. Sometimes you do have to take a break to make sure that your mind's ability to create a good work out, is front and center, and not fuel by a self destructive nature.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
The processes whereby protein foodstuffs are used by the body to make tissue proteins, together with the processes of breakdown of tissue proteins in the production of energy. Food proteins are first broken down into amino acids, then absorbed into the bloodstream, and finally used in body cells to form new proteins. Amino acids in excess of the body's needs may be converted by the liver enzymes into keto acids and urea. The keto acids may be used as sources of energy via the Krebs citric acid cycle, or they may be converted into glucose or fat for storage. Urea is excreted in urine and sweat.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ..
Triceps Extension (PowerBlocks Single Arm Overhead)
Target Muscles: Triceps (Especially the outer and medial heads)
1. Grasp a PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) and raise it straight up over your head.
3. Bend the working arm to 90° at the elbow.
1. Keeping your elbow stationary, extend your arm upward until your hand are out straight up above you you.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position.
1. Extend your arms under control - do not swing it back.
2. Keep your upper arm fixed. Only your forearm moves.
3. Keep your lower back straight and still.
4. Start with a relatively light weight as the exercise is harder to perform than many people imagine.