Monday, August 15, 2016

The #SelfieSaturday Project and #MotivatedMonday Continues


For the record when I talked about my life being chaotic, I found out it could get worse. Never fear I am still getting in my workouts because like it or not, if my health fails then I haven't a chance with the other things I have to deal with. Now of course I had made a deal that I would change my workout every day, and on that case I FAILED. It's hard to be random when you need stability folks and I am no different than the rest of you. Of course the side deal I have made with myself has worked out great. I have managed to get my workouts down to a physically demanding hour each instead of the slackerdoodle two hours that I had done for years. I have also done something else, that seems to be working very good. I have started admitting that I need a four day split instead of a three day split.

What I started doing this week was separating my arms from my chest. My arms are the biggest part of my physique and my chest is the worst, even if you include my legs. An entire workout dedicated to my chest may work wonders, and working my arms on their own is probably what they have wanted for a while. I will keep you all posted as to whether it works or not. Included below is one of the new exercises that I have started doing to really hit my chest muscles. Supposedly it was Arnold Shwarzenneger's secret weapon, and I heard a rumor he was pretty good at this bodybuilding stuff.

Have a great week everybody!

Pullover (PowerBlocks Straight Arm)
Target Muscles: Pectoralis major (lower chest), Anterior deltoids, Triceps, Pectoralis major
Starting Position:
1. Place a PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) standing up on a flat bench.
Ensuring that the PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) stays securely placed at the top of the bench, lie perpendicular to the bench (torso across it as in forming a cross) with only your shoulders lying on the surface. Hips should be below the bench and legs bent with feet firmly on the floor. The head will be off the bench as well.
2. Grasp the PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) with both hands and hold it straight over your chest at arms length. Both palms should be pressing against the underside one of the sides of the PowerBlock (or Dumbbell). This will be your starting position.
The Movement:
1. While keeping your arms straight, lower the weight slowly in an arc behind your head while breathing in until you feel a stretch on the chest.
2. At that point, bring the PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) back to the starting position using the arc through which the weight was lowered and exhale as you perform this movement.
3. Hold the weight on the initial position for a second and repeat the motion for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Tips:
• Always ensure that the PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) used for this exercise is secure. Using a PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) with loose plates can result in the PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) falling apart and falling on your face..
• If you are new to this movement, have a spotter hand you the weight instead. If not, please ensure that the PowerBlock (or Dumbbell) does not fall on you as you arrange your torso to perform the exercise on the bench.