As soon as you learn the difference between the various types of "junk food" the better you will feel. Seriously, there are certain foods that are wholly unnecessary, but a lot of different "junk foods" will make your life easier, and even add something to your health. Let's not go into the benefits of a quick and easy snack and just talk about how you feel. Something as easy as those greasy corn chips, can set my digestion straight a lot quicker than any supplement I have ever found. Of course moderation is needed, but feel free to test junk food, even if it is just to put a smile on your face.
Gym Term of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Term Dictionary ..
Quadratus Lumborum Muscle
The quadratus lumborum or QL is a common cause of back pain which is to one side and comes on after lifting or twisting.
Exercise of the Day from The Health Whacko Gym Encyclopedia of Chest Exercises ..
Upright Row (BowFlex Standard)
Scapular Elevation (with elbow flexion)
Muscles worked: The primary muscles emphasized are the upper trapezius and associated smaller muscles of the region. Also Anterior and Medial deltoids, Biceps, Brachioradialis
Pulley position: Narrow or wide.
• Remove the bench and stand on the platform facing the Power Rods®. Reach down and grasp the handles with the palms facing each other or facing backward, as comfort dictates.
• Let your arms hang extending in the direction of the pulleys.
• Stand up straight with a slight bend at the knees.
1. Pull the handles directly upwards towards your chin, bending your elbows out to the sides until your wrists are level with your neck.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower the handles back to the starting position.
• Keep your hands very close to your body throughout the movement.
• Make sure you do not sway forwards as you lift the grips.
• At the top of the movement your elbows should be level with, or slightly higher than, your hands.
• Lower the grips slowly, resisting the weight.